Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday, April 27

Hello all,

I had a good start today in the tournament and beat a good Australian player 6-0, 6-1.
It was really hot and humid so I was glad to finish quickly.  In order to have a chance at making a good run in this tournament, you want to try to avoid having too many long matches. It's essential to have fresh legs later in the week.  Tomorrow I play a very good player from Brazil.  South Americans grow up on clay courts and it's their favorite surface.  I will have my hands full.

The doubles draw will be out tomorrow so beginning on Tuesday, I could possibly play 2 matches a day.  My partner in doubles is a friend of mine, Mario Tabares.  Mario has been a teammate of mine on the US National team that has represented the United States in a team competition in Barcelona, Spain the past 3 years.  He is a great guy and a fantastic player.  In 2011, Mario won the World championships in the 45 age division.  He also won the US Indoor, Clay, Grass and Hard court championships as well!  Pretty good year!  We have played doubles together before, and I think we will be a tough team to beat.

Hope all is well in KC. Talk to you tomorrow,


Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment