Monday, April 28, 2014

Saturday, April 26

Hello all,

It's Saturday and this morning I drove up Interstate 95 to check in and register for the ITF World Senior Championships that is taking place in West Palm Beach, Florida.  I am actually staying 30 minutes south in Delray Beach at the condo of a friend.  It's a bonus for me being able to stay in a place with a kitchen so I can cook my own meals and not have to eat out too much.  My family eats very healthy so with a kitchen, I can prepare my protein and veggie shakes and stay true to my healthy routine.  I am completely convinced that what I eat enhances my performance on the court.

When I checked in, I was pleased to find out that I had been seeded 11th in the singles draw.  Being seeded sometimes helps, but many times it doesn't make a difference at all.  In 2012, I played the World Championships and got all the way to the final unseeded!  Regardless, I have to be ready to play my best because all of these guys are good.

My first round is scheduled for Sunday at 11:30.  I jumped some rope and hit a few balls today to make sure I was feeling good.  The goal for the rest of the day is to take it easy and relax as much as possible. I'm anxious to start playing but it's important to not get too worked up.  The goal before my matches is always the same...to shove all anxiety and nerves to the back of my mind and focus on the task at hand. I have a routine that helps me lock into my ideal performance state.  Instead of Mr. Nice Guy, I try to turn into a warrior that wants to crush anything or anyone in it's path!  Once I'm in this state of mind, winning and losing isn't important because I know I will be able to compete at my very best.  I'm hoping it goes well.  I'll let you know tomorrow! 


Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment