Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tuesday April 29th

It got a little tougher on the court today.  I won my singles match by the score of 6-1, 6-2 but it took an hour and 45 minutes to finish.  Temperatures were around 90 with 100% humidity.  The conditions were tough, but I played well.  We also started doubles today, and my partner and I beat a good Italian team.

I'm really excited for tomorrow's round of 16 match because I get to play the number 1 player in the world in my age division.  I love these opportunities to match up against the best.  As I was thinking about tomorrow's match, I was reminded of something I read on Watt Ahh 's website. It talks about thunderstorms, and the energy they bring to earth and how Watt Ahh is like a thunderstorm in a bottle.  I like to think of myself as a thunderstorm on the court bringing electricity, power and energy to my matches.  I love that analogy.  Combine that with my love for being an underdog, and I think we might have the combination to make some noise in this tournament.

There's a storm coming tomorrow.  It might hit or miss it's target...but it's coming!!!!

Send the positive vibes my way.  To be continued...


Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment